Monday, May 01, 2006



















A Garden of Tomatoes- Hello :)

When I was an undergraduate, I was very close to my parents. I visited on most vacations, and used the time to recooperate from the weary world of engineering that has always been overwhelming to me. Those times I would sit in the grass and marvel at my parents' eternal foliage of tomato plants- that no matter the season, always seemed filled with the red fruit.

Everyday after their walk along the nearby beach, during which my dad would comb the shores for anything interesting that may have washed up, they always tended to their garden. I marvelled at their discipline, but also the pure, simple way they lived their life. Why hadn't I participated as a teenager? Why couldn't I have inhereited that tranquility, that quiet patience? Years later, I'm still trying to find it.

1 Comments:

At 11:04 AM, Blogger Mardougrrl said...

You know what you need to do to tend to your garden, babe. You just need to trust that you DO know it.

Yay for the blog! I'm so proud of you. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home