Sunday, June 25, 2006

To Sleep for a chance to dream...

It's been about a month since I made any post on this blog, and for the most part it's because I didn't really have anything to say. My life's been on cruise control for the past couple weeks, and I've been perfectly okay with that. Aside from the usual day to day dilemnas and the "What ifs" that have always plagued me when I can't sleep, things have been normal if not a little boring.

Last night I had a dream. It came in a whisper and was gone before I could I luxuriate in it. I was happy, and beautiful and I felt excited and alive. It was enough to promptly jolt me out of the haze I've been in for the last month and make me anxious about life again. The problem is, that now that I'm awake, that I'm left with the huge task of trying to be that person. And Lord, is it exhausting. When you see a flash of what could be, how can you settle for what is?

You can't. I woke up chilled to the bone by the huge difference between who I am and who the woman in the dream was. So, time to start the improvement process all over again.

Does improving really mean cleaning out my closet?

3 Comments:

At 4:36 PM, Blogger Mardougrrl said...

You can't settle, and you shouldn't. I know that you can be the person you saw in your dream...because I see her every time we chat. :)

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Yummyteece said...

Oooh... what an exciting dream, to so invigorate you... to give you such a clear idea of who you want to be. Sieze it!

and yes.. if that begins with cleaning out the closet, then let it begin there. I find cleaning often stimulates somethign in me that helps the growth process, and intend to be doing a lot of purging around my house in the near future.

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger runliarun said...

No, but cleaning out the closet helps. It's liberating. It stands for throwing out baggage, and even if that takes place only the physical plane, the soul looks up and hopes it might get its own portion of cleansing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home